Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum Forum Index Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum
Abandoned Mines of New York / New Jersey

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum Forum Index

Never build your dream home over a mine shaft..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Active Mining & News
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Diigo it Prefound it Reddit it Facebook it Blink it Slashdot it Linkagogo it 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MinerDan
ABM Underground Crew
ABM Underground Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Never build your dream home over a mine shaft.. Reply with quote

If nobody's built there and the land is cheap, dont jump on it until you know whats under it! Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lessthanchris1
ABM Underground Crew
ABM Underground Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only a better opportunity to build the mine entrance into the basement!
The Privy Man
Mine Foreman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custom home for sale.
Charming 2,800 sf custom cabin with lovely views of the mountains. Fireplace, central air and WINE CELLAR! Close to good schools.
$200 or best offer.

P.S. I love how they have to add that little thing at the end about the "Impact to the groundwater quality." Only in California. Rolling Eyes

I hope the poor owner had enough coverage. Thank God no one was hurt!

fredmcain
Mucker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Never build your dream home over a mine shaft.. Reply with quote

MinerDan wrote:
If nobody's built there and the land is cheap, dont jump on it until you know whats under it! Confused

I live out in the country on about 7 acres and although there were never any "mines" in my area, my place does sit on an abandoned gravel pit that was filled in many years ago. Since we've been there (about 22 years) the fill material has settled somewhat and a small depression has formed that wasn't there 20 years ago.

This has never really caused us a problem, but it could be an issue at some future point, especially if it just keeps on settling.

Regards,
Fred M. Cain,
Topeka, Indiana
GladyBendy
Mucker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as we surf the internet and looking for the jammer products we can see that there are various types of signal jammers that are for sale in the market now such as the mobile phone jammers, jammer mobile, GPS jammers, wifi jammers, UHF jammers, the multi-functional signal jammers and so many others kinds of signal jammers for sale as well. And what people now need to do is just select the best one according to their needs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Active Mining & News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: