Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum Forum Index Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum
Abandoned Mines of New York / New Jersey

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum Forum Index

Mining in Retirement...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Miners Blog | 1500ft Level
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Diigo it Prefound it Reddit it Facebook it Blink it Slashdot it Linkagogo it 
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MinerDan
ABM Underground Crew
ABM Underground Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Mining in Retirement... Reply with quote

I look forward to the day I can retire and spend full time seeking out, researching, and visiting mines. Unfortunately this day is way out ahead of me, but I do dream.

By the time I'm ready to collect my meager Social Security (if life still exists on earth) I will most likely move out of Jersey and head west to where the 49'ers went. AZ, Utah, or maybe even up north to Quebec. Somewhere where i can open up a map and see hundreds of mines in deep woods and deserts. I can keep myself busy with research, hiking exploring, photography and what not. Everything i love to do today but cant do it full time. Not to mention, Jersey isn't the cream of the crop for mines, although at one time, it had the highest concentration of mines for its size. Jersey is also too expensive for anyone to retire who isn't a multi-millionaire.

It would be nice if we all went out west and did what we did today, without the need to tend to other responsibilities, or rush back by dark. We would be hiking a little slower, but we'd be allot smarter and our expertise would be top notch.

In the meantime, there still allot to discover out here in NY NJ. We have many big plans for spring, with some mine discoveries noone has ever seen. Keep an eye on the site for new updates, and watch for group trips, presentations and possibly something bigger then we all could imagine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Mines Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Miners Blog | 1500ft Level All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: